Today’s ultra-wealthy are requesting more and more extreme examples of hyper-personalised and private experiences from the agencies organising their travel.
This article outlines some examples of locations and events that enough money can buy:
- A private, 30-minute visit to the Sistine Chapel – costing €25,000 ($30,800)
- A candle-lit Champagne dinner in a private room in the Tower of London for a marriage proposal
- A surprise 40th birthday party of a lifetime on Musha Island, with family and friends flown in from all over the world along with her favourite chef
- A celebratory dinner on Italy’s Amalfi Coast with a surprise for every course, from violins to fireworks to personalised cakes representing moments in the couple’s relationship.
- Private horseriding through Hyde Park on polo ponies in dressage gear, with a visit to pet the Queen’s horses
- A wedding proposal at a private dinner in the Louvre’s Denon Wing, watched by the Mona Lisa.