PwC’s latest UK hotels forecast offers a range of headline findings.
- It predicts a more modest outlook for 2018 and 2019, due to continuing Brexit uncertainty and the weak pound having less effect;
- The outlook for London remains positive but slower growth expected at 0.4% this year;
- ADR will only grow by 0.2% to £149, recovering slightly next year;
- RevPAR forecast at only 0.6% growth this year to £122.
- Regional occupancy forecast to see marginal growth of 0.6% to 77%, with ADR rising 0.6% and RevPAR forecast rising 1.1%.
- A strong pipeline of portfolio deals is predicted, to rise 22% over 2017.