Marketing to the ever-more-adventurous Chinese tourist
This article discusses the growing sense of adventure amongst Chinese travellers as they look to travel the world, and find new and authentic local experiences.
It advises destination marketers to partner with a local expert, one with access to data from powerful online publishers, since almost half of China’s 1.3 billion citizens are ‘netizens’, and 97.5% of those use the internet via mobile. It advises widening the OTA campaign beyond the most obvious, concentrating on those who fail to complete the booking process, and advises the use of more content-driven and social media platforms.
- China’s travel apps on a growth path
- Ctrip and Tencent partner on Chinese OTA’s IPO
- Ctrip’s pace of revenue growth slows
- The Chinese tourism “cooldown” takes hold – for now
- Mobile payment for hospitality, blockchain and more China travel trends
- China challenges WTTC with launch of global tourism group
- Airbnb changes its name to Aibiying and doubles investment to woo China
- Ctrip relaunches Trip.com as its English language travel agency brand