In this article in Hotel Owner, Peter Hancock, chief executive of Pride of Britain Hotels, discusses whether hoteliers should consider investing in expensive technology, in light of return on investment, including property management systems, described as a vital marketing tool integrating with booking channels; tablets used to control lights, TV and heating; high-tech shower controls that might confuse guests; mobile phones and the part they play in delivering a better experience for customers; all versus human engagement, charm and courtesy offered by professional individuals.
How much should hotels be looking to invest in technology?
- Hilton advances Connected Room technology reach
- Hotel Owner review of serviced apartments
- Hilton launches ‘connected’ guest room technology
- Hotels embrace mobile messaging, plus other digital trends
- Amazon wants more hotels using Alexa voice-powered services
- TripAdvisor gambles on TV campaign promising best hotels at lowest prices
- TripAdvisor’s new flights product seeks to do for airlines what it did for hotels
- Room 2: Southampton’s new luxury hotel coming soon