In this article in Hotel Owner, Peter Hancock, chief executive of Pride of Britain Hotels, discusses whether hoteliers should consider investing in expensive technology, in light of return on investment, including property management systems, described as a vital marketing tool integrating with booking channels; tablets used to control lights, TV and heating; high-tech shower controls that might confuse guests; mobile phones and the part they play in delivering a better experience for customers; all versus human engagement, charm and courtesy offered by professional individuals.
How much should hotels be looking to invest in technology?
- Hotel Owner review of serviced apartments
- Staying Cool: Cooking with Columbo
- Staybridge Suites launches partnership with celebrity chef Matt Tebbutt
- Harnessing the power of digital necessary to win over Chinese travellers
- Hilton advances Connected Room technology reach
- New York hotels target Airbnb in mail and ad blitz
- Asia’s Millennials open up co-living market
- Week dedicated to tourism gets under way as England prepares to celebrate spring