This article in Business Travel News discusses the landscape for corporate travel and the sharing economy with Airbnb for Work’s global head, David Holyoke.
- Corporate travel managers are accepting that employees are using Airbnb, and are looking at ways to incorporate that into policy.
- Approaches are being made proactively by travel managers.
- Airbnb’s highest growth rate is for stays of less than three nights.
- The name change from Airbnb Business Travel to Airbnb for Work follows the evolution from people discussing ‘business travel’ to ‘I travel for work’.
- The division is also looking more at relocations and mobility.
- Even in the face of increasing regulation from many cities, Airbnb has over 500 agreements in place around the world.