VisitEngland has today (‘Blue Monday’ 15 January 2018) launched a digital campaign to promote round-the-clock activities and experiences across the UK, encouraging Brits to beat the January blues by taking a holiday at home.
The ‘24 Hours in the UK’ series of films, launched by VisitEngland and the tourism organisations of London, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales, showcase activities across the UK throughout a 24-hour period.
A selection of the experiences featured in the films include:
- Step back in time with 1940s inspired music and cocktails at Cahoots in London, featured in the 01.00am film.
- Take an early morning surf in Scarborough, featured in the 07.00am film.
- Try your hand at sea kayaking in Dartmouth in Devon, featured in the 10.00am film.
- Catch the Changing of the Guard at Horse Guards Parade in London, featured in the 11.00am film.
- Take lunch and cocktails at the Rooftop Restaurant at the Royal Shakespeare Theatre in Stratford-upon-Avon, featured in the 12.00pm film.
- Scale new heights at the Via Ferrata Extreme Experience in the Lake District, Cumbria, featured in the 13.00pm film.
- Taste a Mad Hatter inspired afternoon tea at Sanderson in London, featured in the 15.00pm film.
- Explore shopping hot-spot, Seven Dials near London’s Covent Garden, featured in the 17.00pm film
- Have dinner at Pop Brixton in London, featured in the 21.00pm film.
- Watch a play in the outdoor Minack Theatre in Cornwall, featured in the 22.00pm film.