ASAP unveils impressive speaker line-up for 2017 Serviced Apartment Convention as delegate programme is released
ASAP is delighted to unveil the delegate programme for this year’s ASAP 2017 Serviced Apartment Convention – the must-attend event for the sector.
The overall theme for the 2-day event is confirmed as ‘Rising Above the Challenge ‘ and the impressive speaker line-up for this year’s Convention includes:
- Keynote speaker Cathy O’Dowd: the first woman to climb Mount Everest from both sides will take delegates on an ‘interactive expedition’ on how to lead teams differently and execute plans in high-risk high-stress environments
- Allister Frost: digital marketing guru and previous winner of the prestigious UK Digital Marketing Personality of the Year, Allister will focus his interactive presentation on how the sector can embrace the all-important digital challenges and opportunities and thrive in our ever-accelerating world
- Adrian Webster – creator of Polar Bear Pirates, best-selling author and award winning motivational speaker – will deliver a thought-provoking interactive presentation on pulling together as one team
- Deirdre Wells OBE – newly appointed Chairman of The Tourism Alliance and Chief Executive of UKinbound will deliver the closing address highlighting the key strategic issues facing both the domestic and inbound tourism industries and the critical work the Tourism Alliance is undertaking to lobby Government on these issues at this time of real challenge for the industry.
Highlights of the Convention’s panel discussions where industry experts will deliver their opinions and insights on key areas affecting the sector, include:
- Buyers panel looking at the main challenges for the corporate traveller with Jon Bolger, Capita; Sam van Leeuwen, PwC; Michael Hislop, The PA Club and Kate Wimpeney, Redfern Travel
- Investors Panel: looks at the current investment climate with Marie Hickey, Savills; Andrew Harrington, AHV; Mohammed Al Mazooqi, Cheval Residences and Stephen Hanton of SACO, moderated by Andrew Sangster, Hotel Analyst
- Global business update – will explore the key global issues and challenges affecting the sector with Robin Rossmann of STR; Steve Burns, BridgeStreet Global Hospitality; Niki Nutsch, Nutsch & Associates; Carlos Villaro Lassen, European Holiday Homes Association (EHHA) and a senior representative from the Corporate Housing Providers Association (CHPA) in the USA.
James Foice, Chief Executive of the ASAP, comments:
‘I’m absolutely delighted to be able to announce such a fabulous line-up of speakers for this year’s ASAP 2017 Convention. This year’s programme strikes a great balance between motivational keynote addresses and the opportunity for delegates to debate the latest insights, trends and challenges for the sector moving forward. The industry response so far has been tremendous, well beyond our expectations, with over 75% of delegate tickets now sold which is solid confirmation that this is the must-attend event of the year for our sector delivering exactly what the industry require at this exciting period in our sector’s growth.’
Full details of the Convention programme and schedule can be found on the dedicated Convention website http://asapconvention.org.uk