Airbnb simplifies ways to find boutique hotels via homepage and room type filters
As reported earlier this year, Airbnb’s platform offers boutique hotels alongside its traditional shared homes and holiday apartments; and now, to make it simpler to find them, the platform has started listing the option on the homepage.
‘Boutique Hotels’ now feature beside the ‘Entire Homes’ and ‘Airbnb Plus’ categories under “More ways to stay in 2019” section. Hotel rooms are also now featured under ‘Home Type’ alongside the entire place, private room and shared room filters.
Airbnb has partnered with some channel managers but is keeping quiet on future plans.
- James Foice: serviced apartments vs homesharing
- Airbnb following serviced apartment sector on smoke and carbon monoxide alarms
- How Airbnb plans to win over both hotels and business travellers’ loyalty
- The serviced apartment sector needs Airbnb and Booking to grow its business
- Airbnb Plus and latest news
- The challenge for Airbnb Plus to push homesharing to a new level
- Booking Holdings’ Agoda steps up its short-stay offerings
- Airbnb’s Jeroen Merchiers on the Battle with Booking