Airbnb expands COVID cleaning protocol designation to 50 countries
Airbnb is rolling its “Enhanced Cleaning Protocol” out to hosts in 50 countries and regions, up from the original 12 launched in mid-June.
It provides education for the cleaning and sanitisation of homes based on information from the US and European Centres for Disease Control and Prevention, and added guidelines about mask-wearing and social distancing.
Hosts who attest to the Enhanced Cleaning Protocol receive a special highlight on their listing, and from August Airbnb will make creating a 72-hour buffer between bookings a manual process rather than automatic.
- Travelodge to reopen a further 100 hotels this week
- Can you ‘shelter in place’ at a US hotel or vacation rental?
- “Future increased focus on cleanliness may lead to the death of Airbnb”
- Serviced apartment visitors can now ‘Stay with Confidence’, as hygiene guarantee launched for sector
- Hotels may add anti-viral mattresses post-coronavirus
- OYO prepares independent hotels for reopening
- The future of hotel design according to hospitality architects
- How hospitality businesses can make themselves a safe option