With technology changing the way we run our everyday lives, it is unsurprising it is also changing the way we plan and execute our travel.
This article outlines some of the key influencers likely to affect travel over the coming year, including:
- Blockchain, offering streamlined processes and simplified costs for booking, flight planning, payment, and other functionalities.
- The ongoing battles between user review sites.
- Artificial intelligence, for instance gathering insight via data mining to suggest relevant flights, rooms, or experiences to people.
- Automated personalisation of the buying process, with chatbots and marketing automation helping viewers complete their purchase.
- Virtual Reality offering travellers the chance to explore the locale they’re planning to visit and see a virtual replication of it with their own eyes before they buy a ticket.