This article by Hospitality & Catering News asks experts to give their predictions of what we might see in the industry over the next 12 months, including views on:
- overseas visits to the UK forecast to break through the 40 million mark for the first time;
- continuing growth in the food delivery market;
- the need to develop casual, contemporary experiences that also offer a family-oriented treat;
- the Brexit vote reducing EU migration, causing the need to attract and retain skilled employees via flexible working, better pay, tailored training and career development;
- the place of technological developments in freeing staff time and personalising the guest experience;
- the continued rise in vegan and ‘flexitarian’ food as well as ‘multi-pronged cuisines’ offering both foods that evoke comfort and security and new niche tastes;
- the general need to tackle food waste.